Thursday, July 20, 2006

Spiritual Warfare....


Ever since i was little ive had trouble keeping up my relationship with the person who matters most...God! I think its because the devil knows that God has a very wonderful plan for my life so he wants to do everything in his power to keep me from suceeding with God's purpose! Well up until not I have let the devil win my life! Not anymore! I have seen the light and I*m heading towards it!


I*ve always had that tugging on my heart but never really understood what it was. It was God! He was telling me to change my life and follow Him! As I make changes in my life from worldly to Godly I can tell it*s making the devil unhappy because he is doing things to try and test me and make me slip back into my old ways. God sees how the devil is testing me and He continues to encourage me and tell how much He loves me!!


I think it was my senior year in high school where we had a guest speaker who came and shared the testimony of *Rachel Joy Scott* with my school. For those of you who don*t know who Rachel Joy Scott is....she is one of the many killed in the 1999 shooting at Colombine High School. She was only 17 years old and killed for her undying faith to the Lord. The ironic thing was that she had told her mom earlier that year that she knew that it was going to be her last year of living. The Lord had spoken to her and told her not how she was going to die but why. She accepted that fate because she knew God's purpose was not to have her killed in vain but for her story to be told through her death! Needless to say that every girl (and some guys) left the assemby that day with tears in thier eyes and hope in thier hearts. It paticularly touched my heart because i felt that i wasnt doing enough to show people my faith. Was i ashamed of God?? No way! I just wasnt as open to my faith and my religion as Rachel was. I admire herso much for being able to handle everything life and the devil threw at her.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

Wow!! That's incredible!!
Yeah...the devil trys to trip us all up when we're doing God's plan! Thank God for the Holy Spirit!!
..Can't wait for tomorrow!!:)

7/21/2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger Andrew Barlow said...

That is great Debbie... Just keep truckin'!!! lol

7/21/2006 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home